Support Workers and Enablers wanted
Due to further expansion, full and part time positions available - excellent rates of pay.
Support/enabling role within a supported accommodation environment. Experience of working with adults with learning disabilities, mental health and other special needs an advantage but not essential for the right person. Enhanced CRB (Criminal Records Bureau check) will be required.
Passmore Care Services Ltd is an enabling service providing accommodation and support for adults with learning disabilities and other special needs. Passmore Care Services Ltd aims to provide quality support to its service users, enabling them to choose how they would like to live independently in the community, at all times respecting their privacy and dignity.
Our vision at Passmore Care Services Ltd is "being recognised as the leading provider of enabling services which contributes the most to the needs and aspirations of our service users".
- To recruit and retain the best people, to harness the skills and talents of all our staff, by learning faster, sharing our knowledge, skills and experience and by constantly striving to do things better;
- To seize the opportunities available to us and to ensure that we have the development opportunities and rewards that make Passmore Care Services Ltd an attractive and stimulating place to work;
- To be truly driven by our service users.
The aim of the role is to promote independence and choice for the service user.
To provide quality support and care to the service users of Passmore Care Services Ltd. You will assist the service users to undertake any tasks relating to day to day independent living, according to individual needs and in line with an agreed Care Plan. You will work with all service users of Passmore Care Services, but may be a keyworker for one or more specific service users.
You will work closely with the Service Manager.
Under the guidance of the Service Manager you will:-
1. Enable the service user to maintain their tenancy by assisting with day to day household tasks according to individual need.
2. Enable the service user to maintain their wellbeing by assisting with meal planning, shopping and cooking, according to individual need.
3. Enable the service user to maintain their health by assisting with booking and attendance at medical appointments, and monitoring use of prescribed medications, according to individual need.
4. Enable the service user to maintain their relationships by providing support and general guidance as appropriate.
5. Enable the service user to maintain their quality of life, by assisting them to access leisure activities, educational and work-related opportunities.
6. Enable the service user to be able to make informed choices about their own life situations.
7. Ensure that all information is reported and communicated, and that records are kept accurately and in a timely manner.
8. Any other duties relevant to the provision of an enabling service, as agreed between the postholder and the Service Manager or directors.
The above outlines the duties required for the time being to indicate the level of responsibility. It is not a comprehensive or exhaustive list and duties may be varied from time to time which do not change the general character of the job or the level of responsibility entailed. The Job Description will be reviewed three months after the start date as part of the Probationary process.