We provide multi-faceted support including enabling, short breaks, day and evening activities and accommodation.
Enabling services are provided for the purpose of developing or sustaining a person’s capacity to
live independently. This will include:
- Setting up and maintaining the home or tenancy
- Finding accommodation
- Developing, maintaining or re-gaining domestic and/or life skills eg cleaning and shopping etc
- Managing finances, claiming benefits and paying bills
- Establishing personal safety and security including help with neighbour disputes
- Advice on avoiding or minimising hazards and danger
- Advice on arranging repairs to the home and of domestic equipment
- Assisting development of social skills and techniques for behaviour management
- Assisting in the establishment of social contacts and contact with relatives as desired
- Assisting involvement in social activities and access to community organisations
- Assisting access to training opportunities, work experience opportunities or employment
- Providing advice, advocacy, emotional support, peer support and befriending
- Monitoring health and well-being and the use of medication
- Accompanying to medical and other appointments
Our support packages are creative and tailored to meet the individual’s needs.
Every service user has a ‘person-centred plan/care plan’ which they write themselves.
We aim to increase independence, build confidence, and move service users to the point of self-actualisation.
We are also able to provide short breaks for families, carers and individuals with special needs.